Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Writing Playlist


I thought I would break up all of the review posts with something different. I had been experiencing some serious writer's block for about the past year. I just had zero motivation to write and almost completely forgot about my WIP. Thankfully, Jennifer Lawrence changed that. I was driving home from my boyfriend's house one night when her song, The Hanging Tree by James Newton Howard, came on the radio. I was immediately hit with inspiration and when I got home I started writing.

It's crazy how music can affect our writing and inspire writing. So, I thought I would give you guys a playlist of songs I've been listening to for my WIP. Try to see if you can figure out what's happening based on the songs. Let me know your ideas in the comments below!

The Hanging Tree by James Newton Howard
If I Had a Heart by Fever Ray
Iron by Woodkid
Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Lorde 
Burning Gold by Christina Perri 
Last Agni Kai from the ATLA Soundtrack
Requiem for a Dream
Crann Na Beatha by Adrian von Ziegler 
Wild Child by Enya
I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty
Let Her Go by Passenger
What if the Storm Ends by Snow Patrol

There are plenty of other songs, but these are the ones that have inspired me the most right now. Let me know what you listen to while writing, or what your favourite songs are.

Quote of the day: It takes a lot of time to be a genius. You have to sit around so much, doing nothing, really doing nothing. - Gertrude Stein