Sunday, 2 November 2014

Autumn Favourites


Hi everyone! Today I thought I would write a blog post all about my Autumn favourites. Autumn is my absolute favourite season and I can never get enough of it! I feel like where I live, it doesn't last quite as long as I would like and it ends up feeling like winter halfway through November before the snow actually hits. The joys of living in Canada I suppose!

Anyway, let's get to the products shall we? I have several beauty favourites, a fashion favourite, and a candle favourite this season.

Blush in Amour, PRTM in Finland, CC in Chantilly
As you can see, there's a lot of love happening for NARS right now. I'm actually becoming obsessed with the brand! The products are great and that packaging! Swoon! I love this combination for Fall. The Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is in my Autumn/Winter shade so this is what I've been transitioning to the most lately. I love that this is a light/medium coverage so it makes your skin look natural and glowing. And in the cooler months, that's something that everyone wants. The Creamy Concealer I have is also in a lighter shade, so now is the perfect time to bring it out again. It has amazing coverage and is really creamy, so I find it doesn't really stick to any dry patches! This blush is in Amour and I think it's great for Fall. It's a darker pink colour so it's much more season appropriate I think. It's really pigmented though so you have to be careful with how much you apply!

MAC lipstick in Brave; Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
These lip products are perfect for this season. They're more on the mauvy side of things, and I love that they're a more wearable kind of dark lip. The MAC lipstick in Brave is a really great colour. It's a satin, so it's quite creamy. I find it's best applied after I've already had a lip balm sitting on my lips for a while. It also lasts quite a long time, which is great for a student like myself! The Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey is a similar shade, but much cheaper. I find it's more moisturizing and lasts even longer than Brave. I find sometimes my lips will feel dry and I'll apply a lip balm over top to maintain the perfect shade that I want, while also applying more moisture later on in the day/

MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft brown
 This MAC Paint Pot is such an essiebutton effect! If you have no idea who I'm talking about, go check out Estée's blog, essiebutton. She's an amazing person and I've been following her for quite a while. I love her recommendations, and this was no disappointment. I love that Groundwork is the perfect colour for when you want to do more than just mascara, but don't really want to get into eyeshadows. It's not quite as creamy as my Maybelline Colour Tattoos, but it's still a really great product. I love wearing it with winged liner and either Brave or Honey. The Anastasia Brow Wiz is an awesome product. I never really filled in my brows before (I would just leave them alone or fill them in with MAC Wedge when I felt like it) but I thought I would give this a try. I've actually been using it since the end of August and I have never not worn it (unless it's a makeup free day). It just adds a little extra something to my makeup look and I don't think I'll ever stop! It has such a tiny little crayon making it easy to add natural looking "hairs" and the spooly on the other end is really handy to have.

Bath and Body Works candle in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin; Aerie Blanket Scarf
My last two favourites! I've been loving burning the Bath and Body Works candle in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. It's getting pretty low now so I'm trying to burn it on special occasions. This candle smells just like pumpkin pie cooking (which is one of my favourite pies!). I will definitely have to repurchase this candle. This Aerie Blanket Scarf is my favourite scarf so far. I've been wearing this thing non-stop! It's absolutely massive so you can literally use it as a blanket. I love that it totally covers me up, especially since it's starting to cool down. It's also really soft and comes in lots of different colours. I might need to get the red one for Christmas!

What are your Autumn favourites? Let me know in the comments below!

Quote of the day: Folks want to glow, to leave their worries and their dead skin behind. - Terry McMillan