Saturday, 22 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Review

I finally caved and decided to buy the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I have the original Naked palette, which I love, but I do not have the second one (which I am seriously lusting after).



The box looks absolutely beautiful. I love that Urban Decay shows the colours that are included in the palette on the exterior of the box. It's a great way to see if you like the colours or not before you actually purchase it. The box has a pretty minimalistic design. On the front this is all you see and on the back it shows what is included, ingredients, and all that fun stuff. It's not a cluttered design, which is nice.


The case of the palette is very pretty too. It's a rosy pink colour which is great because the shadows included are mainly pinks and mauves. I'm not sure how I feel about the ripply effect of the case, but it doesn't affect it any way. I like the way this one closes too. It's much more secure than the magnet of the original Naked palette.


The colours are a great range from light pink to dark mauve shades.The shadows are really pigmented, which is great, and are easy to apply. I have noticed that some have quite a bit of fall out, so I have to make sure I hold a kleenex underneath my eye. They are still all very pretty and are very wearable. They don't make your eyes look red or tired (which some pink shadows can do) so that's definitely a plus.

The price for this palette is $62. It does seem quite pricey but when you look at the fact that you get 12 full sized shadows in a palette (which typically run at $22-24 individually) you are definitely getting more bang for your buck. The palette also includes a shadow and crease brush, as well as a sample of four shadow primers. I would give this palette a 4/5 and will definitely be on the lookout for new Urban Decay palettes.

Quote of the day: We'd get sick on too many cookies, but ever so much sicker on no cookies at all. - Sinclair Lewis